Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nightmare

The burger was right there. Big, meaty, juicy, tender, crispy lettuce and thick, sour pickle slices, ketchup oozing out the sides, steam curling from it.....
I raised it to my lips to take a bite...
And sat bolt upright in bed, sweat cascading down my back and arms in rivulets, I breathed heavily in and out.
"What's wrong?" asked Ana.
"Bad dream." I mumbled and rubbed my eyes with my knuckles like a small child.
"What was it about?" Ana said innocently, as if she didn't know.
"Being hungry." I said. "And eating."
"What's so bad about that?"
I thought about it. What WAS so bad about the dream? What had caused that thrill of terror when I picked up the burger? What was it? Then I remembered...
" I was huge." I said slowly, my eyes wide with horror. "A total whale. My stomach dragged along the floor, and my butt draped over each side of the chair i was sitting on."
Ana covered her mouth with her hand. "Disgusting."

I nodded.
"Why would you even dream about that anyway?" She asked.
I thought for a moment. "Probably because I'm hungry and tomorrow is binge day."
She nodded. "What are you bingeing on?"
"Sushi, ice cream, and brownies." I said immediatly. I had been planning all week.
She shuddered. "Yuck. But it IS binge day, and you need a reward to keep you going. One meal won't kill you."
I glared at her. She was being sarcastic.
She put her hands up in front of her body. "Okay, okay. Since tomorrow is binge day, I'll take a little vacation. I need to visit some of the girls who threw me out."
She stood up and wiggled her fingers at me. "Tell me what your weight is when you weigh yourself tomorrow. mkay?"
"WHAT?!" I exclaimed.
She laughed at my expression. "It's been a week. Tommorrow is weigh day. Weigh yourself in the morning. and then pig out at night. I won't be there to stop you, but please at least TRY to restrain yourself just a LITTLE bit."
I nodded, the idea of weighing myself had my empty stomach twisted into knots.
"Bye."
"Bye."
She vanished.
When Ana was gone, I thought about tommorrow. What would I weigh? Should I take it easy on the brownies? Would I gain back all the weight I had lost by bingeing?
I rolled over to go back to sleep.
Weigh Day.
That's a real nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment